Want to get the most out of your carpool? Make the experience even more rewarding with a few basic tips?
Seven steps to make your carpool successful:
- Set guidelines ahead of time. By agreeing on driving arrangements, eating, smoking, music, etc., you can avoid misunderstandings.
- Set monthly driving schedules in advance. Stick to the schedule and guidelines you determine with your carpool mates.
- Be punctual. This is equally important, whether you are a passenger or the driver. Tell your carpool partners about vacatioin plans in advance.
- Keep your car clean and maintained.
- Drive safely--even more so than you would if you were driving alone.
- Be considerate of other carpoolers. While some people enjoy energetic morning conversation, others may prefer quiet time.
- Enjoy the time you spend in the carpool. It's a good opportunity to make friendships.